Monday, January 10, 2011

Jan9: Play God Day

Summary: Our research did not discover any information on the meaning or purpose of this day. What we do know is that God is good. Therefore, we believe that Play God Day is a day to do something good and extra special.

To mark this day, we suggest that you do something good that will make a difference. Anything that fits this definition is appropriate. You do not have to make it something miraculous. It can be something simple, like visiting someone who is ill, or helping someone in need. Giving God thanks or a prayer is also appropriate for this day.

Synopsis: I gotta admit... I really struggled with how to celebrate this day. My original thought was simple: go to church. However, with snow and sleet in the morning forecast, I had to boycott that. Ok.... hibernating in the house, how to Play God? I caught up on Ruth's Scripture Study. It didn't feel quite God-like enough (although did help my spirit!)... I mean, God inspired the Bible, reading it felt like falling short. I prayed, as we do every night, and asked God to take care of Grandmom.

Then... I figured it out. I celebrated Sunday just like God celebrates Sunday - I rested! I rested in bed. I rested on the couch. I rested from blogging, even.

4 comments: