Sunday, January 23, 2011

Jan23: National Handwriting Day

Summary: National Handwriting Day is an opportunity to reintroduce yourself to a pen or pencil and a piece of paper. In this day of computers, more and more information, notes, and letters are sent back and forth via a keyboard and cyberspace.

According to the Writing Instrument Manufacturers Association (WIMA) website "The purpose of National Handwriting Day is to alert the public to the importance of handwriting. According to WIMA, National Handwriting Day is a chance for all of us to re-explore the purity and power of handwriting."

Synopsis: The other day, the King and I were at the bank opening a new account and obtaining a safe deposit box. As I meticulously scrawled out my signature (knowing that it would be a semi-permanent record), I remarked that I don't believe that computers are the downfall of handwriting but rather receipt signing -specifically the electronic kinds. I guess I sign so many receipts, and the electronic ones look so little like my signature as a finished product anyways, that I now just scratch out an S..............

In honor of National Handwriting Day, I used my best penmanship on the electronic receipt signature pad.

3 comments:

  1. I'm thinking about taking a handwriting class just to relearn how to write since my writing is so chicken-scratchy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your signature, want it on my birthday card

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are right that many people are unaware of National handwriting day.As its the era of laptops and mobiles.But this day is good to know that you once used to care about your writing quality so much.
    digital signature software

    ReplyDelete