Saturday, January 22, 2011

Jan22: National Blonde Brownie Day

Summary: National Blonde Brownie Day is a special day that is set aside to bake and eat blonde brownies.

What's a blonde brownie, you ask? Well, as their name implies, traditional brownies are a dark brown. To make blonde brownies, light brown sugar is used in the recipe in place of dark brown chocolate.

On National Blonde Brownie Day, its your right and responsibility to bake blonde brownies, and to eat them. If you don't have time to bake today, buy some and eat a few extra blonde brownies.

Synopsis: As someone who is not allowed to use most devices in the kitchen without close supervision, I did not spend National Blonde Brownie Day baking. Instead, I spent it reminiscing about when I was a Blonde Brownie.

I had brought home 6 boxes of pictures from Grandmom's and today finished sorting through them all (our family's boxes, uncle's family's boxes, stack for boxes). I totally LOLed at the pics from when she managed our Girl Scout cookie orders. I had actually tossed out all the order forms on
Wednesday (not surprisingly, I sold the most boxes of cookies with a whopping 238). Apparently they were delivered to her house in a moving van and proceeded to completely fill up her living room.

1 comment: