Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Jan26: Spouse's Day

Summary: Spouse's Day is a time to enjoy and appreciate your better half. You can use this day as a prelude or warm up to Valentine's Day, perhaps. But, its not as much of a gift giving event. Rather, use it as a time to show your spouse that you care and appreciate all of the things that he/she does for you and for the household. Over the long years of a relationship, its easy to take for granted the many things your spouse does. He/she's always there. They do so many big and little things as a routine event. So, take today to notice and to say thanks. As for the "enjoyment" part of the day...we will leave that up to you to enjoy your spouse however the two of your desire....

Synopsis: As I mentioned yesterday, we had a slight hiccup in our transition from Opposite Day to Spouse's Day. However, once we both got a good night of sleep (actually, it was interrupted around 3am when I realized that one of the dogs had probably been sick in the bed, and we did a tag-team effort on speed changing sheets), we got on track with celebrating this great day.

So.... how did the King and Queen celebrate? I woke him up by tickling his feet and waiting until he was "happy awake" to say "Good Morning" (which I read recently is a secret of happy couples). He then made me breakfast (score!) before I took off for Grandmom's. When I arrived home, he had made me a pre-dinner snack of guacamole and these fantastic popcorn chips. He made dinner, I did dishes. He let me watch American Idol, I tickled his scalp while watching. A little give, a little take.... all very good spouse behavior. whew.... I had no idea how this one was going to go down ;)

2 comments: