Friday, January 28, 2011

Jan27: Punch the Clock Day

Summary: Every once in a while, you come upon a special day that just defies definition. Punch the Clock Day is one of those days. Despite all of our research, we found no content information on the Internet to define the purpose or meaning of this day.

Not ones to give up easily, we put our thinking caps on, and pondered the meaning of this day. We quickly determined that this day is not intended to encourage people to punch their clocks. This is destructive, serves no logical purpose, and may result in personal injury.

We quickly surmised that Punch the Clock Day is a day to celebrate the punch clock or time clocks used at work.

Synopsis: Well, I doubly celebrated this day. I did actually punch my clock this morning when it went off.... well, punched the Snooze button on it. Vacation has been killer to my sleep/wake up schedule. I shudder to think how difficult my return to the grind will be on Monday morning :(

I did not punch the clock at work today, but I did go to a work-related happy hour. That counts, right?

1 comment:

  1. Been on the same conference call for 4 and 1/2 hours. Can I punch the clock?

    ReplyDelete