Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Jan11: Step in a Puddle and Splash Your Friend Day

Summary: Despite extensive research, we did not find any factual information on this day. Step in a Puddle and Splash Your Friends Day is undoubtedly a day just for mischievous fun. After all, any kid knows that splashing and jumping into puddles is fun. And, when that results in splashing a friend, your joy is complete.

Note: We don't encourage you to splash your friends. It's a quick way to lose a friend, and get two moms angry at you.We're just reporting and describing the day!

Synopsis: geez. Celebrating these days really is harder than I expected. There are a few reasons I take exception with this day: (1) the puddles right now are COLD.... I don't want to splash myself in the process and (2) splashing your friend seems really mean. The list of friends I have that I would feel comfortable splashing is short. Plus, I take their note to heart - I don't want anyone angry at me - especially not my mom!!!

I texted ABBA last night:

Me: I might need your help tomorrow. it's step in a puddle & splash your friend day. I miss my carpool buddy/friend!
Andrea Dodds: Are you saying you want to splash me? And I miss you too.:-(

Sadly, we did not sync up, and I have not accomplished this. I didn't want to boycott the day, though, so I found this video on YouTube. Couple of points about the video:
  1. If this kid had a friend, she would be the Poster Child for January 11th
  2. This video is totally mis-titled, as there is not a single "jump" involved
  3. There is no big finish to the video... what you see in her first pass continues on for another 20 or so passes. I think the camera operator fell asleep.


3 comments:

  1. You can splash me when it gets warm and we are like at the beach...or HCBC gathering at a cabin somewhere....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish it would have rained today

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I would have stopped after 3 trips for sure

    ReplyDelete