Thursday, January 6, 2011

Jan6: Bean Day

Summary: Every once in a while, you come across a special day that just doesn't seem to have any rhyme or reason. Bean Day appears to be one of those days.

It is suggested that you celebrate this day by eating beans. However, there are other ways to celebrate Bean Day:
  • Newlyweds can add a few beans to their bean jar today.
  • Gardeners can enjoy this day surfing through seed catalogs to select beans to grow in the spring.
  • Read the story "Jack and the Beanstalk" to your pre-schooler.
  • Teachers can use bean seeds for learning exercises in course material.
  • Bone up on the history of beans....doesn't that sound like fun!?
Synopsis: On January 6th, I had the option of celebrating Bean Day or Cuddle Up Day. Oftentimes, Cuddle Up would be more appealing to me, but the only cuddling I did that day was cuddling up to my laptop to work :( Plus, ever since I scheduled ABBA's happy hour at Chuy's, I had been craving some good Mexican (/TexMex) food.

food courtesy of

3 comments:

  1. There is nothing better than beans. Beans and rice. Beans and tortillas. Beans and cornbread. Red beans, black beans, pinto beans, pink beans, anasazi beans, butter beans, garbanzo beans. Bean soup, baked beans, refried beans, hummus, bean dip.

    Love for the bean, that's what I have!

    ReplyDelete