Friday, January 7, 2011

Jan7: Old Rock Day

Summary: Old Rock Day is an opportunity to enjoy and appreciate old rocks and fossils. Perhaps you can start a rock collection. You can go out on a field trip in search of old fossils (the rock kind). Or, if you choose, you can just play with old rocks.

Synopsis: I had big plans to search for "old" rocks today. I did find it hard to differentiate between "old" and "new" rocks. At the end of the day, I looked to an old friend. In 1992 I visited the city of Bath, England. As a souvenir, I took home a pet rock. He has a name, but I cannot for the life of me remember it right now. I did remember exactly where he was located, and he is just as photogenic as I remember him to be!

Oh, oh! I wrote his name on top of his cage! It is RB (pronounced "Arby") and stands for Roman Baths.

3 comments:

  1. Tip: There needs to be a section that says what day is coming up.wo we can share in the day with you.

    In your honor Sydney and I will name her rocks tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You so mean caging your rocks....how evil can they really be?

    ReplyDelete