Sunday, March 6, 2011

Mar6: National Frozen Food Day

Summary: National Frozen Food Day celebrates all those yummy foods and snacks in your freezer. Sure, the invention of the freezer made this day possible. But, the methods and techniques of preparing and freezing foods is what makes frozen foods taste great, look great and store in a frozen state until you need them. Imagine how your busy life would be if you didn't have a frozen dinner to pop into the microwave in between a late day at work and your evening event. You'd have to stop and make a dinner from scratch!

Synopsis: Thanks to my trip to the store Saturday night, I did not participate in this day via a frozen dinner. However, I did have a frozen treat :) I have been so completely in love with Dreyer's Berry Sherbet lately, but the store has been out of it way too often. The King got an alternative.... Dreyer's Orange Cream. I added some chocolate sauce to it, which I was a little unsure about but thought that National Frozen Food Day would be a great time to experiment. Added some whipped cream on top and ENJOYED :) whew. That was pretty much the extent of my frozen food consumption. I do keep my coffee in the freezer, so I guess that counts, too?

3 comments: